Sellers need to be prepared to greet Buyers who are out and about enjoying the beautiful weather. Kim Addelman, a licensed Real Estate Salesperson with Realty USA and accredited ASP® Stager gives her top five tips.
- Less is more – De-cluttering is crucial when preparing a home for sale. By de-personalizing and eliminating the fluff, the space becomes more visible. This takes the house from “mine” to “yours”. Think about donating items to a local charity
- Pay attention to Detail – Take a walk through of your space and try to think like a buyer. Look at doorways, crown molding and other elements of your home you would not typically notice. Your attention to detail is the difference between “for sale” and SOLD.
- Outside Elements – Curb Appeal grabs buyer’s attention when prospective buyers drive by. A well maintained exterior entices buyers to want to see the interior. Make a lasting first impression by adding potted flowers, dark mulch and sprucing up your yard and entrance.
- Compare – Review active listings with your real estate agent. See how your price, location and condition stack up to the competition. Adjust accordingly to gain an edge on the competition & get your house Staged.
- Smells can make or break a sale – Think clean and fresh, not mildew, pet or cooking odors. Many people buy with their noses. Make sure your house is Q-Tip Clean!
Kim Addelman specializes in residential real estate and is an Accredited Staging Professional®. Addelman provides valuable tips like this along with village Lifestyle information on her “Living in Williamsville “Facebook page. Contact Kim at Kim@VillageHomeSales.com or 716.816.5654